This forum is dedicated to all anime and manga fans, fans of japan and it's culture, and to those who wish to get acquainted with this virtual world. Don't get confused by the name., )

Review of "Devil"

OhCrapBunny
    Satan

Review of "Devil"

Post  OhCrapBunny on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Summary
    The story centers around a detective who is called at a crime scene of a suicide. Which later on triggers ambiguous events in the exact same building the person suicides from. Most of the movie is played on in an elevator which gets stuck for no apparent reason. Five people are in the elevator and odd events start happening where, one by one, people die in it. Following the detective's struggle to find out the identity of these people and solve the chase, a security guard reveals it to be the devil's doing. How will this story proceed?

Personal Opinion(Read at your own risk.)
    Spoiler:
    The acting was well done and, in general the story was ok. However, the ending always has a deep significance to me and this movie did not pass my standards. It has a seemingly happy ending, which, for this kind of movie, is a very bad trait. A devil who doesn't punish all the wrong-doers? A man who forgives his wife's and son's hit-and-run murderer with a simple "Sorry"? To me it sounds like a crappy fairy-tale.

If you read this spoiler, and are of the same opinion as me, then I recommend you not to watch this movie, or at least, not until the end. If you don't agree with me, then you can give it a try, you might actually like it.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:59 am